Template

Thursday, April 11, 2013

The many tastes of Epic


This evening we dined at Eno Vino.
Eno Vino is a tapas restaurant.
I had never heard of this term before until tonight.
The focus of this style is the small portions of food are served, appetizer style, that encourages sharing and conversation.  Most items do not come as a 'meal' with side items, etc so the thought it is that the table would all pick and share from the same plates.  There were varieties of cheese and bread plates, flatbreads, and lots and lots of scary seafood choices.
They had a few 'land' food items but the descriptions with those usually included other ingredients I had never heard of.
Mary got the halibut, Ann ordered mussels, Lori got a sausage flatbread and I ordered chicken skewers.  All of the food that I tried (and I did try everything- even the mussels) was good- although this isn't a place I would ever feel the need to visit again.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Tapas are huge here - they're from Spain originally, and while I appreciate the idea and have tried some I thought were OK, it isn't something that really sticks out as so great. I do love the idea, but make my tapas more on the lines of buffalo chicken wings, mini cucumber sandwiches, snicker salad in a tartlet, and corned beef wrapped pickles and I'd be hooked!!!!

I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try mussels. Here there are a lot of omelet-stlye tapas, but they just don't really float my boat much.

Kari said...

yeah, I just looked at the menu again and .... errrrrr, no thanks.