Template

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Going to miss you......really.


A few weeks ago I bought us new dishes.
The green dishes that we had were the dishes that we got from our wedding.
I love these dishes, they are heavy but still after 10 years, I still love them.
Problem is they are starting to crack and chip.  Because they are so heavy it is hard for the kids to carry them and if they get dropped they shatter into hundreds of pieces.
There were probably only 5 plates left that weren't scarred in some way.
I decided that it was time to get new dishes so I have been on the hunt for quite some time.
I have found plenty of sets that I like but they would always come in sets.  A dinner plate, salad plate, bowl and mug.  I like to have enough dinner plates for a large group but really could care less about having that many salad plates or bowls and honestly could get by if I never saw a mug again.
The dinnerware that you can buy by the piece was going to be the way to go.

Most of the plates I found were stoneware.  They are heavy and fragile.
I was looking for something a little different and finally came across a set at Target that I liked.
There was a pattern that I was drawn to that also had solid plates to match- SOLD!


It was time to pack up the old dishes and head to Goodwill.
It was easy enough to get them into a box but for some reason it made me sad and once again I found myself feeling attached to this 'stuff'.  *sigh*  Dare I say I might even miss these things?!

Someday we will go back to the stoneware dishes but for now with the kids still small this seemed to make more sense.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Those are very nice. We have all mismatched dishes but I feel the same - wait till the kids are grown to get new ones (I don't think I'll ever think of them as grown, so I suppose it will be more like "Wait till the kids are out of the house.")