Template

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Spring = Fail


This was my drive home tonight.  90 minutes.
It was actually pretty good time considering what others had to deal with.  It took Loriann close to three hours to get home today.  ICK!  Unfortunately, she got to see why when she got close to the Wisconsin border.  A 16 year old kid was killed in an accident.
Sure makes you realize just how lucky you are to make it home safely and how it horrible it feels once you realize that you were actually upset while driving home that it was taking so long- others weren't so lucky today.

It really isn't that uncommon for it to snow in April but for some reason this year it feels like it is the first time it ever has.  EVERYONE is over this winter and the gray skies that come with it.
The snow is pretty, sure- especially when it first falls and is stuck to the tress but in APRIL?!  In April it's not pretty.  In April it makes you want to puke.
We are running out of time to open our windows.
We are running out of time to be outside without coats on.
I am over the boots and the gloves.  
I am ready to spend the weekends at the cabin.
I am ready for a sunburn.
I am ready to spend the evenings in the driveway.
So far looking ahead at the next week there isn't a warm day in sight.  Actually more snow in the forecast this weekend or early next week.  Great.
Hopefully that will be the last of it.  
It better be the last of it or I think I will lose my mind!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

I am soooo with you. It has been sickening to say the least-mostly I think of the cabin--I can't wait for the cabin!

Hard to think that Memorial Day is a month away. I feel like we are stuck in January. :-(

Kari said...

It looks like January! I would put the Christmas lights on, just to pick up my spirits a bit. :)

Or take a vacation!