Template

Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Granny's Apartment


Every once in a while I have meetings at our Cottage Grove office.
Each time I drive there I think about the time we have spent in Newport.
My dad had a concession stand in the Bingo Hall there at one time and my grandma and grandpa owned an apartment building a few blocks from there for as long as I can remember.
Kari and Andy had even lived there for a while.
Grandma sold the apartment after grandpa had passed.
For some reason I decided to take a little detour today and drive by the old place.  In a way I think I wanted to be sure to get a picture of it just in case it is torn down or remodeled in the future.
I never spent that much time here but I remember loving Kari and Andy's place when they lived here.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Oh I totally NEED that picture! What a great idea. I really loved my time there - it was so warm and homey. I really wish Grandma would have thought to give it to us or something - I would have liked to keep it in the family somehow.