Template

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Mmmmmmm


Woo Hoo!  Hailey turned 4 months old, you know what that means?!  We get to start solids!


I love feeding babies!  I love watching them get excited about the new texture.  Watching them move the food around with their tongue and learning to do something that we take for granted everyday.    She looked so cute with that rice cereal in her mouth.  On one hand she could not stop smiling, I am pretty sure she just loved all of the attention.  Mom, dad, Hannah, all around staring at her waiting to see what her reaction would be. 


For those of you that know what a big helper Hannah is, you can imagine how much she is enjoying this. 
Hannah:  "Mom, I help you feed Hailey (pronounced Hay-dee), ok?"
Me:  " Of course Hannah, I would love your help"
Hannah:  "Hailey can wear my bib."
Me:  "Thanks Hannah, you are such a nice big sister."
Hannah:  "Your welcome mommy"
It takes three times as long to feed her and it gets extremely messy but that is the price you pay to experience that little moment of Hannah really embracing her role as the big sister and mommy's little helper.

3 comments:

Kari said...

exciting times, i loved the moments of the first solids!

Anonymous said...

True confessions.......As cute as this is, and as often as I did it, with all you kids and the daycare kids, I still think it is a little gross, ha ha.

Chris Miller said...

That last comment was mine.....somehow published before I put my name on it....