Template

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A girl and her shoes


Hannah's newest obsession is a pair of black patent leather shoes with a buckle.  They were in a bag of clothes that she got from Chloe.  She wore them for Christmas and recently found them in her closet.
If Hannah is home, these shoes are on her feet.  She prefers to wear them with bare feet but as you can see from the picture, they work out just fine with socks on too!    As soon as Hannah puts these shoes on she transforms into 'a grown up'.  She starts walking differently, starts talking different.  She likes to put these shoes on, packs her babies up in the stroller, and then 'goes to work'. 
I catch her looking at her reflection in the stove.  She starts back about 10 feet from the stove and walks towards the stove, talking to herself the whole way there.  She will get within 1-2 feet, stop, turn around, look at herself over her shoulder, put her hands on her hips and walk away.  Repeating these steps often. 
I think she likes the sound they make when she walks across the hardwood or tile floor.  I can relate.  I actually remembering watching myself through the magical mirror of the stove reflection when I was younger. 



2 comments:

Amy Elizabeth said...

where did my picture go? Hmmm...I will have to fix that later.

Jennie said...

Hey! I remember those shoes, they came to Chucky Cheese and the Poo party with us :) That is the cutest thing!!!!!!!!!!!