Template

Monday, February 15, 2010

I should be...

I should be catching up on the blogging that I missed out on doing this past weekend.  I should  be blogging about the silly things that Hannah said this weekend or the adorable ways that Hailey looked and how amazed I have been about her development lately.  I really wanted to find a silly picture of Hannah and blog about a little interaction we had today.  Instead I sit hear crying.
I lost a friend today.  A friend that has been fighting for her life since before Christmas.  She went in for an elective surgery and here we are 2 months later having to say goodbye.  Thinking about all of the memories we have had with her.  Thinking about the person she was. 
She will never see her children get married...she will never meet her grandchildren.  It saddens me.  She was an amazing person and every memory I have of her is a fond one.  No words could describe the kind of person she was or how she made everyone around her feel. 
I have been having a rough couple of weeks.  Today, before I got this horrific news, I was feeling sad, defeated, tired.  I sat at work today and on more than one occasion started crying for no particular reason.  Knowing that things don't just magically 'get better' I made some decisions to take care of some unfinished business.  I made an apology (that was long overdue).  I also have decided that there are a few things in my personal life and at work that I need to take care of. 
First item....I will not let myself feel bad about missing out on the goal that I set to post a picture of the day.  I am just not in the mood tonight.
Hug those around you that you love and never miss an opportunity to tell someone how you feel about them.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

This was a good post. I'm sooooo sorry to hear the news. It sounds like she was a beautiful person :) I love you and let me know if you need anything!

Kari said...

I hope you are feeling better, Amy. I am so sorry about this. You've given me a lot to think about today. Love you.

chris miller said...

Amy, It isn't right that someone as young as you should already be losing friends this way. Life is very fragile sometimes. I love you. You have been very inspiring to me and I, as well as you, am often in awe of the daughters God gave me and wonder how I could be so lucky to have you! I love you!