Template

Friday, February 05, 2010

It's a poo party!


She did it!  Amazing what a little one will do for a trip to Chuck E Cheese.  Hannah has been going potty in the toilet for a month now but going #2 has been a little more tricky.  Many times she would either ask for a diaper or complain that her tummy hurts so we would put a diaper on her hoping that she would get out whatever was giving her trouble. 
She decided on her own to start pooping on the potty chair at daycare.  Not interested at home but mastering this skill while at Jackie's each day. 
I had to do it, I had to bribe her.  I told her, one week of pooping on the potty at home and we could celebrate at Chuck E Cheese.  That was all it took.  Knowing that we would likely be heading to Chuck E Cheese on a weekend, I thought this would be a perfect opportunity to kill two birds with one stone (or bribe, rather).  We were having a little issue with Hannah letting Brian help her in the bathroom.  She only wanted mommy to help her.  She wanted mommy to wipe her, help her on the toilet, etc.  There were even a few times when Brian was home with her and she would refuse to go because she wouldn't let him help her.  I was desperate.
Me:  "Hannah, now all you have to do is let daddy help you go potty and we get to go to Chuck E Cheese!"
Hannah:  (saying this in the exact same tone as I used for her)  "Mommy, I already did poop in the potty chair.  I already did it."
I thought you were suppose to be able to 'trick' two year olds.  Guess not this one.
Needless to say, we celebrated her latest accomplishment with grandpa, Jennie, Kimmy, and Kristin.

No comments: