Template

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Happy May Day!

Went to the dentist today (will have more about that story tomorrow) so I was home this afternoon when the family got home.  I was on a conference call when they got home so I locked myself in the bedroom while Brian did a great job keeping the girls out of the bedroom.  When I finally came out Hannah handed me this basket and said 'Happy May Day Mommy'!


The basket contained a picture, special May Day note, candy/treats and a flower.
What a little sweetheart!

This girl is constantly giving me things.  Hearts cut out of paper, pinecones, berries she found while on her walk, I Love You written on napkins/menus/the small papers that wrap the silverware at restaurants, drawings, coupons, notes taped up in envelopes shoved under the door- to name a few.

It reminds me of something I saw online once that talked about how special it is when children give you things.  The thought that they don't really have anything but want to give you everything they have or everything they can.  That's pretty special if you really think about it.


3 comments:

Jennie said...

Awww, that is really special and VERY sweet. She is a very generous giver, that's for sure. :-)

Kari said...

It is special. My Nico is a lot like that - he'll go pick a quick flower (weed - usually clover seeing the state of our yard), or jot something down on a receipt. On his homework the other day he wrote that he'd like to write a love letter to his mommy. Why? Because he loves her!

You're so lucky to have such a generous little girl, just like her momma :)

Patience said...

That is awesome! Hannah is such a special kid - so affectionate and generous. Truly takes after her mother!