Template

Saturday, May 04, 2013

National Scrapbooking Day 2013

Today is National Scrapbooking Day- or maybe it's just the end of National Scrapbooking Week.
It's also Troy's Birthday.
We met up with the Alguire's at Old Chicago for dinner and after a quick trip to Kohls, Gretchen and I had made plans to get some pages done.  I love that she is still scrapbooking and I can always count on her being 'up' for getting some work done.  We are both far enough behind to feel bad but remind ourselves constantly that there are many kids that don't have scrapbooks or pictures at all to look back on so anything we do is better than nothing and more than expected.  I didn't get too much done tonight but I also didn't have very high expectations.  Little by little.
I tried to spend a little time earlier today picking out the papers I wanted to use with the pictures so that I didn't have to spend time tonight doing that- it helped a lot.  I need to do that more often.


I love how this page of Hannah with Jennie turned out.  I have loved these pictures since I took them and after all these years seeing how their relationship is still this sweet just makes this layout that much more special.


I wish the picture did this page justice.  The colors are actually super bright and the color behind the yellow flower and blue tape is a bright lime green- may need to rephotograph that in better lighting.  It's simple but actually turned out pretty cute.


This page is currently under construction.  I like it how it is but I am worried that it is too plain.  Those pictures are some of my favorites so this page needs more to capture that but I didn't want to 'rush' it.  I need to think on this one or maybe come back to it when Kari is here this summer and can help me.

One thing that IS happening this summer.  Scrapbooking at the lake. We always talk about it but for some reason never do it.  It's not actually going to be as easy as we make it sound but for all seriousness- we sit on the deck most of the day chatting.  I need to multitask during those times and start getting papers matched to pictures or something- sketch out some layouts, ANYTHING!

Maybe even this fall do something that I have talked about for at least 4 years......spend a weekend at the cabin with the girls (friends, not daughters) scrappin'!

Hmmm....maybe Kari and I should plan to leave for the cabin early some weekend on a Wed night or Thursday morning by ourselves and then the family could meet us there Friday night for the rest of the weekend..... :-)

2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh my goodness I got a squeal of delight coming out of my lips and a little chill down my back! LOL

Sounds like a great time! :)

Patience said...

Love those pages! Doesn't it feel good to have days where you just work on your projects?