Template

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Now that's what I'm talking about

The deck at the cabin has been dangerous for the past few years and this year it's in the plans to get fixed.
It started with the deck just tilting but that quickly turned into a full out slant.
We started to get squishy boards and as of now the deck is pretty much a 'keep-the-kids-off-but-walk-on-it-at-your-own-risk' platform.

It's sad to see how the cabin has been deteriorating over the years and exhausting to see just how much work needs to be done up there.  However, at the end of the day, this is our cabin.  A place we have been enjoying since I can remember and I want my kids to have those memories too.



We were all sitting around in the living room today and Hailey had gone outside.
All of a sudden we heard someone yelling from the doorway and look over to see and hear this "Hey!  Is Bobby in there?"


When it was time for bed Hannah and I layed down together- typically we sleep on the air mattress and Brian and Hailey sleep in the bed.  The bed is very floppy so to have two adults in it is less than ideal.  Everyone falls to the middle and you spend most of the night fighting your way to the edge of the mattress with no luck.

I leaned over to give Hannah a kiss goodnight- Hailey was already tucked in.
She snuggled up to me, I rubbed her back a few times, she closed her eyes and said "Now that's what I;m talking about!"


1 comment:

Patience said...

Sounds like the life!