Template

Thursday, May 02, 2013

Braces?!


Hate to admit it but it's been a while since I have been to the dentist.
It has been on my list of things to do for a long time and a few weeks ago I finally mustered up the courage to schedule the appointment.
It has been 5 years since my last set of full X-rays so we started with that.
When the images displayed the hygienist asked about my baby tooth- 'you know you still have one, right?!'
HUH!??!  What is she talking about.....?

Turns out the canine on my right side is still a baby tooth.  The adult tooth is still up in my gums and never pushed it's way through.  Well, long story short, the tooth up there is starting to get a mind of it's own and is starting to move downward.  Trouble is it's impacted so it is nice and sideways pushing on the roots of my other teeth.  So, I left with a referral to an orthodontist to check in about braces.
Yup- 37 yrs old and told I should get braces to wrap a chain around the tooth up there and pull him into place.  I can not stomach the idea of this.....ugh.



3 comments:

Jennie said...

THE CHAIN!!!! Omg yes!!! hahaha--sorry, that sucks you might need braces, but I totally had that chain pull my snaggle tooth into place. Good luck with it all!

Kari said...

I'm kinda laughing too, even though it isn't funny! Just the thought that those Miller teeth are catching up to you!... And I haven't been to the dentist since before Nico was born :/

Patience said...

I can't say I envy you. I hate the dentist and my fear is that one of these days one is going to tell me I have to have my wisdom teeth removed. Not interested!