Template

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

New Year = New Beginnings


 HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I have never been one to make New Years Resolutions.  I have never really gotten into the 'spirit' of thinking that a new year could mean a clean slate.   I mean, sure, I think about it.  I get inspired by the energy around the ideas that others come up and I have a list of my own although like most things I tend to do it's all about quantity and not quality.  So, my 'list' of things I'd like to accomplish is a mile long.   Add a weeks worth of illness to this picture and all I have is a big pile of  'it's just another day'.

It is kind of bringing me down.  As others are excited and motivated, I just want to sleep and feel better.  I am not feeling motivated.  I am feeling overwhelmed and defeated. The house is still a mess from Christmas, the tree is still up, I have had most of the last two weeks off of work and haven't even been able to enjoy them since we haven't been feeling good around here.

I know that this feeling is temporary.  I know that I am bringing on way too much unnecessary feelings and stressing myself out.  So, decision today is to stop having so many expectations of myself.  Get better.  Clean the house another day.  Accept that even though others are energized about a 'new beginning' I don't have any obligation to anyone to feel the same. 

It's going to be a good year, I can feel it and I don't need a checklist to prove it.

1 comment:

Patience said...

By now, 90% of all new year's resolutions have been abandoned. I decided last year that I would do monthly resolutions. Keeping with something for a whole year is nearly impossible. But a month seems doable. So, hop on board, February is just around the corner and you can always make a monthly resolution with me!