Template

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Holding back the tears


Kim, Kristin, Mom and I went with Jennie to the Wedding Shoppe today to start the search for the perfect dress.  It took all of 10 minutes there before the tears started to come.
I am not her mother.  I know that.  But I am so proud of my sisters and the young women that they have become that I can't help but get emotional.
The age gap between us doesn't feel so large these days but I think back to the times when my sisters were little.  They were in elementary school when I was in high school!
I am so excited for Jennie and hope that she is able to sit back and have a little fun planning her wedding.  It can be a stressful time and when your personality isn't really too fond of people telling you what to do- it can be a little much having to listen to everyone's opinions.  Not to mention the tight timeframe- that in itself stresses everyone out. 
In the end everything will work out and she will be thrilled with her day.
One thing I know for sure...she is going to be a GORGEOUS bride!
 


3 comments:

Jennie said...

Awwwww, you're too sweet :-)

Kari said...

She's gorgeous.

And I DO feel like their mom (a little)...can't help it, but they were so little when I was just at an age where I felt "big", and I feel like we spent so much time with them when they were babies that it is hard not to feel a little possessive of those cuties... :/

Patience said...

What fun to be a part of their weddings! I love dress shopping - so much fun to see them looking so beautiful! And what a lucky sister to have such a talented wedding-planning sister!