Template

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Junk mail isn't always junk :-)

This past weekend we received a postcard from GM.
There were a few customer specials that were running together that made the thought of looking at a new vehicle cross Brian's mind.
Since he had just gotten a new truck a year ago he had mentioned to me that we should take a look- I am not really sure that he was really that serious about it at the time he mentioned it.  My car was less than two years old and we really had no reason to need to look for a new vehicle.
Of course my ears perked up when he mentioned it- I mean, come on, who doesn't love the new car smell?  The postcard listed the different models that were available with this promotion.  I looked at the list of cars and none of them caught my eye- I love my car and really don't need a new car.
Then Bri mentioned that Chevy and GMC had some smaller SUVs that maybe we should look at.
NOW you have my attention!
We started doing some research and after hours of searching and comparing vehicles I thought I had picked out the one I wanted to see.  2013 GMC Terrain.
'Baby Morgan's mom- Maissa' works for Luther so she game me the name of a guy that could talk to.
I emailed him the truck I wanted to come and test drive and it was set- we would at least go and take a look.  So, last night, Kimmy came over after work to watch the girls for us so we could go and test drive the Terrain.
We got there and my love for the body style of the Terrain was confirmed.  I couldn't find the exact color that I wanted online but most of the available colors looked good so I was starting to realize that I really was excited at the possibility of a new vehicle and this was probably going to happen.
I had made a little list of the options that were a MUST- after all if I am giving up something I love, I need to get something in return that I LOVE.
Must haves: leather seats, heated seats, sun roof, rear back-up camera, hands free phone, voice command options, navigation system, remote start, power lift gate- you know, the usual.

When we got to the dealer Lance was waiting for us.  He had a Terrain all set waiting for us to go for a ride.  I really liked the interior.  It was very comfortable and the truck overall is a really good size.  It was easy to get in and out of and the ride was really nice.
However, the dash/interior lights were glowing a bright red.
At first it didn't bother me since I was real excited but after driving for a few minutes it started to get annoying.  Something about them felt harsh and aggressive.

This week Brian had been forwarding me bios of local Chevy Equinoxs that were in lots nearby.  We decided to ask Lance if he could get one off the lot for us to compare the two side by side.
The inside of the Equinox was EXACTLY the same.  The seats, the dash, the stitching, the mirrors, etc.  The only difference was the the interior/dash lights were light blue instead of red.
Much more calming and pleasing to the eye.

The body style of the Equinox is very nice.  I have been noticing them EVERYWHERE on the roads this past week.  One of the reasons why at first I was a little turned off by them- everyone has one. 
Brian reminded me of one that he had found at Main Motors.  It was the color I wanted and had all of the options that were important to me.  (Not necessary but important- this vehicle is not a need, it's a want so if it's gonna happen, it's going to have it all)

We talked to Lance and after working the numbers we had made a decision- I was getting a new truck!  
A 2013 White Diamond Chevy Equinox



We got home and told Kimmy and the girls the news.
Kim was talking about the Altima that I was trading in and mentioned how much she had liked it.
"Hmmmm....you know, I can mention it to Lance if you really want to look into it."
She was definitely interested so we made plans for her to go and talk about it on Saturday.


1 comment:

Patience said...

You are so spoiled! (I mean that with love) I hope you've nominated Brian for husband of the decade!!