Template

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

You make me feel like dancin'

Time seems to fly by faster each day.  At the beginning of 2012 I had all sorts of plans and ideas of activities that I wanted to offer to the girls; gymnastics, soccer, T-ball, dance, swimming lessons.

Here we are in September and I have yet to make any moves.  In the big picture it really isn't a big deal at all but these days it seems like kids are starting everything so much earlier and it seems as though there is so much competition around what to do and when to start doing whatever it is that you plan to do.  It makes me feel like I am slacking even though I know that it's ok for kids to just be kids.  There is always next year and always next time but I didn't want to be that parent that isn't planning and preparing ahead. 

I am that parent.

Just a few days ago I remembered that dance started sometime in September.  Shoot!  I hope I am not too late....

I found the information online last week and lucky me, the classes started this week.  I emailed the teacher and found out that it's not too late to sign up and she sent me the list of available classes.

Today at lunch I bought ballet shoes for the girls and tonight at 6:05 pm they had their first dance class with Just for Kix.

 
There they are!  Hannah is.  You can see Hailey's 'spot' on the floor.  She was not interested.  As soon as we walked in and the teacher said hi to her I knew that she wasn't going to warm up enough to give it a go.  She spent the evening on my lap intently watching.  A few times she stood up and made a step to her blue spot but then would change her mind and end up on my lap again.
 

 
Hannah did great!  She listened well and followed directions. 

 
We have two classes next week so we will try again with Hailey and see how things go.
Hannah can't wait for her next class!

1 comment:

Patience said...

Hannah is adorable!