Template

Thursday, September 06, 2012

The Mother's Day that keeps on giving

Brian had gotten me a gift card to DSW for Mother's Day to get a new pair of boots.  I have anxiously awaiting for the 'Boot Store' to make it's way to DSW so I had a nice variety to choose from.
Being that it's Back to School season I figured I was in luck and decided to go and check the place out tonight.
 
Heading to a shoe store?!  OF COURSE I needed to see if my little darlings wanted to join me.  Brian doesn't do much out of the house so he doesn't get a lot of alone time so another perk- give daddy an hour or so of much needed freedom. 

 
 
They were playing outside so nicely with their babies.  When I asked if they wanted to come they both got super excited so we started the drill, get on your shoes, wash your face, fix your hair, make sure you take a potty break.....
 
A few minutes down the road I heard Hailey say "Hannah, you me best friend!"
I turned around to find this.
Yep- true sisters.  Screaming at each other one second and riding in the car holding hands the next.
 
 
They asked if they could bring their babies to the store.  We usually will let them bring them to the store but then those babies stay in the car while we shop.  Occasionally they will make a trip into Target with us.  Tonight I was feeling like doing something special so when they weren't looking I packed up the strollers.
When we got to the store they grabbed their babies and looked at me weird when I headed for the trunk.  When it opened and they saw what was inside they went crazy!
 
They started off pretty good.  Then the excitement of the shoes started to get to them. 
They. Could. Not. Hold. Back.
They went up and down the aisles trying to try on everything they could get their little hands on. 
The strollers quickly turned from an adorable, look how good my kids can behave with their babies event into who's kids are those?!  Just kidding it wasn't that bad and every lady in the place couldn't get enough of their excitement.  Hannah yelling "MOM!  You have GOT to try these!" to Hailey shouting "Oh My GOSH!" at every pair she loved.
 
 
So, instead of shopping for boots, I attempted to herd kittens.
I did finally get to try a few on....those moments where I looked around and played the 'Whose kids are those?!" game :-)
 
Not saying that I wouldn't let them do this again....after all, you only live once and how cool would it be to have a memory of your mom letting you bring your baby stroller shopping?!

1 comment:

Patience said...

I won't be showing this blog post to Violet lest she get some ideas about taking her baby stroller everywhere. They are so adorable!