Template

Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Great Day for a Party


The seven day forecast was calling for temps in the 70's and no chance of rain.
I finally relaxed around 11:00 am when I actually started to believe it.

Brian had started cooking at 5:00 am and the air was filled with a delicious smell of pulled pork. 
Guests started to arrive around 2:30 pm.
Guests included:  Grandpa Dan, Grandma Chris and Tom, Jennie and Tom, Kristin and Bobby, Kim and Joe, Grandma Judy and Grandpa Denny, Grandma and Bob, Jennifer, Tom, Courtney, Justin and Adam, Stacey, Shane, Tyler, Carter, and Maddie, Gretchen, Troy, Lindsay, and Kiley, Joyce and Don, Maisa and Morgan.

The Birthday Girls!
Hannah  -  5      Hailey  -  3

Hailey saying 'Thank You' to Hannah for giving her Justin Beiber jammies

Earlier this week Hannah told me that she wanted to buy Hailey something for her Birthday.  When we talked about what she wanted to buy she had mentioned Justin Beiber PJs.  This morning she was real upset that we never went to the store.  I shared with her that I had tried to get Beiber jammies earlier this week but the store didn't have the right size so I couldn't get them and then tried to assure her that it was going to be fine.  She wasn't convinced- she really wanted to give Hailey a present.

Hannah: "MOM- PLEASE?!"
Me:  "Hannah, no.  I am sorry but we don't have time."
Hannah: (while fighting back tears) "Oh I know!"
she went running into her room and came out carrying a small package that was wrapped in tissue paper
Hannah: "I am going to give Hailey my Justin Beiber jammies"
Me:  "Honey, that is very sweet however, know that when you do this you can't take them back later if you change your mind."

About 10 minutes later

Hannah:  "Mom, I am really nervous about what I did."
Me:  "Huh?  What did you do?     Oh, you mean about the jammies?"
Hannah: "Yeah.  What if I wanna wear them and Hailey won't let me?"
Me:  "Well, you need to decide what you wanna do.  It's ok if you change your mind but you can't do that after you have given them to her."
Hannah:  "I'll be ok.  Can we get a new pair for me someday?"

Psst- SUPER proud of you Bean!  That was a very sweet thing that you did.




I made these cupcakes for the party.  Hannah helped to decorate them.
My mom used to make these Ice Cream cone cupcakes when we were little.



Of course we had to get a sister picture!

Then realized that it's been YEARS since Gretchen, Stacey and I have taken a picture together.  Although it's not my favorite picture today- I am going to cherish this through the years.  Sure do miss those girls and think often about how I wish things were like they used to be.  


The girls were SHOWERED with gifts.  Thanks to everyone for coming out- hope you had fun!  
I know we did!

Gifts included (not limited to):  Games, books, hair things, bulletin boards, clothes, Barbies, Make-up, Nail polish, earrings, boots, play-doh, Hello Kitty headphones, light up journal, purses, baby clothes, Dolls (American Girl-style), shoes


3 comments:

Jennie said...

Ohhh, I had no idea Hannah gave Hailey HER jammies--that was VERY sweet :-)

G said...

I so agree with ya Amy I also wish things where like they used to be ..... in more ways than one!!!

Patience said...

Happy Birthday to the girls! Love the pictures - as always! I can only imagine what they are going to think when they're older and they get to look back on their childhood through your fantastic pictures!