Template

Friday, September 14, 2012

Scrapfest 2012

 
This year was going to be different.
When I found out what weekend Scrapfest was going to be this year I was disappointed because I knew I already had stuff going on that weekend so there would be no weekend full of festivities.
Instead we decided to go just for the day on Friday and instead of paying for the badge (which would get you free access to the lines make and takes) we decided to go to the mall and look around.  We could browse the vendor booths and if there was something we were dying to make we could easily get the badge while we were there.  Plus, the store starting displaying all of the different make and takes so you could plan out your day so we could always see them from there too.
 
We decided this year was much more about finding inspiration and less about actually doing anything while we were there.

 
The rotunda shopping was kind of a drag this year.  They had a lot of bins and items out but they were lots of bins filled with the same stuff.  The paper packs were $3.99 instead of $.99/$1.99 and skimming through a few you could see that a lot of the papers were ugly.
 
There weren't many make and takes that we liked so overall we made a great decision about how to spend our day. 
 
Of course the day didn't end without an injury (remember my burned arm from last year?).
I bought 6 new soaps at Bath and Body Works and after a few hours of lugging those around my arm was feeling it :-( 


1 comment:

Patience said...

Oh my gosh - your arm looks terrible! Shopping battle wounds I suppose.