Template

Sunday, May 27, 2012

You comin' to the lake?

This weekend officially marks the start of the 'You comin' to the lake?" texts.
Everyone wants to go but nobody wants to be there alone so once Cabin season hits the calls and texts start.

Brian and I decided to leave Saturday afternoon, after the storm had hit and we planned to stay until early Sunday evening.  It was raining most of the day on Saturday so we spent most of the evening inside talking, playing cards and eating.

Sunday was a beautiful day so we were outside most of the day.


The girls got their suits on for their water balloon fight with Jennie and ended up swimming in the...errr..yard.  The water is so high right now.  Where Hannah is standing above is usually where the sandy beach begins.  You can see from the picture of Hailey below how she is standing in the yard.



I could have watched Bobby (Kristin's boyfriend) play with Hailey all afternoon.  In fact, that is exactly what I was doing when my mom's dog snuck up behind me and did the doggy-shake to get dry, soaking me in the process.


Kristin found a catepillar on the deck.  Hailey was very intrigued.  What a wonderful opportunity I was given today to watch my daughter share this experience with that scared little fella.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love. Nothing more to say but LOVE.

Kari