Template

Monday, May 21, 2012

Day 5 | Conversation


I talk all day.


I talk to my husband, my kids, the dog, my coworkers, people in the elevator, people at the store, I talk to the radio, I talk to myself. I will talk to anyone and everyone. If there is a moment of silence- I will find a way to fill it.

I don’t necessarily like that about myself but it’s a natural part of who I am.

My daily conversations happen in many forms.

Spoken word
Text Messages
Emails
Instant Messaging
Skype- more like monthly if I am lucky
Facebook
Messaging through Words with Friends or Scramble with Friends
Over the phone (however as time goes by this is by far my least favorite)

My mom loves to talk. I love to talk. My daughter, Hannah, loves to talk. Makes you wonder if it could be a genetic trait that was passed down.

My most favorite form of communication is through my daily blog.
It started as a challenge between my sister and I. “Let’s start a daily POD (picture of the day) blog!” Post a picture and tell a story everyday. She lives in Ecuador and this would give us a chance to stay connected. I was convinced that there was no way that I could accomplish this but it never hurts to try. 890 posts later I am still going strong.

This blog means so much to me. It gives me a creative outlet. It allows me to express myself through journaling and even though I don’t consider myself the best writer, it doesn’t matter. I have so many things that I don’t want to leave unsaid. I have this crazy need inside of me to tell my children how I feel about them. I wanted them to grow up and see their life through my eyes. I wanted to document the things we did, ways we felt and conversations we had.

This blog is filled with those moments and those memories.

I found a website that allows me to print my blog in the form of a hardcover book. I love sitting down and re-reading these stories with my daughters.

By far the best communications of my day.

 

Thanks for reading my blog and for all of the kind words you have all said about how special this will be someday!

1 comment:

Patience said...

I'm a HUGE fan of your blog too! So often, you move away and you lose touch with people, but I get to feel really connected to you and even HE through your blog. And I have to say I really appreciate that!