Template

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Didn't think this would happen until you were 12


Saturday afternoon around 3:30 pm I went into Hailey's room to wake her up from her nap.
I rubbed her back and said something along the lines of "Hi my sweetie- you ready to wake up?"
She rolled over, took one look at me and shouted "NO!  Me want daddy get me!"

*gasp*

I tried again "Come on honey.  It's time to get up."
This time she looked me right in the eyes and with a deep growling voice yelled "NO!"

One more shot to break her from this mood "Hailey honey- you don't like me?"

I shouldn't have asked....

This time she made sure I wouldn't be bothering her anymore "NO, ME HATE YOU!"

I couldn't help myself.  I swatted her a little on her bottom and then left the room to get daddy.
Daddy walked in to a pouting little girl "Mommy spanked me butt."
They had a talk about what she said and she made her way upstairs to say she was sorry.

Monday morning around 6:15 am I went into Hailey's room to wake her up to get ready to go to Jackie's.  
"Hi honey, good morning."
She popped right up in her crib "Me no hate you.  Me yike you!"

This has been her response for the last few days as I wake her up in the am.
I must say this is much better than the welcome I got Saturday.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Oh brother, with girls the drama starts so young! Love how she is learning how her actions and words affect others, then testing the waters. Too bad Mommy is the test - even though you know it isn't true, it has to hurt :(

Patience said...

I am not looking forward to the day when Violet gets mouthy. I know it's coming, but that knowledge won't help when the day finally arrives. I am glad she has reformed her ways, however.