Template

Saturday, May 05, 2012

Adventures in Scrapbooking


A few weeks back I heard about the National Scrapbooking Day Crop to be held at Archivers on May 5th.
12 hours of cropping with hourly drawings and a total of 5 scrapbook pages would be made during this 12 hour period.  I really wanted to go!
I asked Tammy and Karri (my typical go to girls) and asked my sister Jennie (my other go to girl) to see if she would be willing/able to watch the girls if I decided to go.  Jennie and Judy were both busy and neither Tammy or Karri could make it.  Bummer, maybe next time.
Last night Brian asked what time I was going to leave in the morning.  Hmmmm.....leave for what?  "Scrapbooking.  I was planning on watching the girls while you were gone all day.  You still planning on doing that?"
Since I couldn't find anyone to go with me and since I didn't have an extra set of hands to help with the girls (NOT that he needs it or expects it -but I get it, it's nice to have alone time) I figured that I would just pass but hearing that Brian was ok with it, things changed.
I decided to go alone.



Not gonna lie.  Made me a little nervous but let me tell you.....it was FABULOUS!

Altogether I completed 16 pages!  Here is a sample of some of the pages that I was able to complete.

For Hannah's book

Made two of these, one for each girl

Hannah's book

Hailey's first year- October

Hailey's first year- October

Hannah's book

Hailey's first year- July

Hailey's book

Hailey's book

Hailey's book
Hannah's book

Hannah's book
That won't be the last time I scrapbook alone.
To my fellow scrapbooking peeps- don't take that the wrong way!!!  I will always be game for scrappin' with you however our schedules don't always match and now I know that I will be ok without you :-)

5 comments:

Jennie said...

and look how much you can get done when there's nobody to chat with! cute pages :-)

Patience said...

Love the fact that you went alone - I am always hesitant to go alone too. LOVE the pages! Are you sure you're done having babies? I mean, you two make such beautiful babies.... I'm just saying.

Tammy said...

Nice work and how brave are you, I don't think I could've done it, but I'm sure I would've appreciated the peace and quiet.

Chris Miller said...

Beautiful work, Amy!

jodic said...

i am so far behind on my scrapping...thinking i need to just do digital though not as "crafty." your pages are adorable - as well as the girls. funny thing is, the plaid christmas outfits, my girls had the same pattern (from childrens place) but wore the skirts! :)