Template

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Day 8: Transportation

I passed my drivers test the first time I took it. I was 16 years old.


During my high school days I either drove a Dodge Aries- that belonged to my grandparents, a Dodge Diplomat- that belonged to my greatgrandma, or a Mercury Topaz- that belonged to my older sister, Kari.

My first car was a green Plymouth Sundance. When I moved out I needed a reliable car that could get me to school and work. Lots of good times and road trips were had in that car. Tammy and I used to get off work from the Bingo Hall late at night and then go for a drive. There was a 24 hour Walmart in Coon Rapids that we would drive to and I remember when we were younger thinking that this place was super far away. That area used to be undeveloped. Walmart was one of the only things you could see for miles (well, there was a Dennys and a gas station near by). Now Tammy and I both live farther out from the cities than this Walmart and its the Walmart in our neighborhood that we go to when we need one.

My next car was a Honda Accord. It was silver with tan leather seats and a sunroof. I still remember going to pick it up from the dealer. My dad was with me and we were standing outside waiting for them to bring it to me. The service door opened and there it was sparkling in the sunlight. I loved this car.

On my 30th Birthday my husband surprised me with a new car! We went to the dealer to look around and a salesman greeted us. They had obviously met before and soon we took my new car for a test drive. Another Honda Accord. It was silver with black cloth interior. It had a 6 disc changer. This was the car that we would bring both of our girls home from the hospital in.

On my 35th Birthday my husband surprised me again with another new car! This time he called me to meet him at the dealer. The girls and I were on our way to the mall. He called to tell me I should come to the Nissan dealer to get my Birthday present. We took a quick detour to meet Brian at the Nissan dealer and after a quick lunch to talk it over, the white Nissan with black leather interior, Bose Stereo, sunroof and keyless entry was mine!

I commute around 60 miles each day and spend lots of time in my car. I love driving down the road, windows and sunroof open with the music turned up loud.









1 comment:

Patience said...

I tell you, that Brian sure does know how to do a birthday present!!