Template

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Day One | Jewelry

My Big Picture Class started today.  The topic: Jewelry
Here goes nothin'




I have a jewelry box full of jewelry.


Necklaces, bracelets, earrings and even a few rings.

You can see my taste in jewelry and how it has changed over the years. You can also see the things that have stayed consistent in my style. I love big bold pieces. Pieces that can be paired with a t-shirt and change the look of the outfit.

Most of my jewelry is fashion jewelry. I own very few pieces of valuable jewelry. I have a few rings I received from boys I dated in high school and a diamond necklace that Brian bought me. Of course I have my wedding ring and of course it goes without saying that it is the one piece that I am wearing all of the time. It’s also fair to say that it’s the only thing that can make me feel naked when I am not wearing it- even if I am fully clothed.

But this….this is my necklace. I love this necklace. A circle charm handstamped with my daughter’s names on it. It reads Hannah Elizabeth and Hailey Renee. I saw a woman wearing a necklace similar to this one and that day I started my online search. I eventually found this one on vintagepearl.com.

I absolutely love this necklace.

I get compliments on this necklace all the time. Although, usually not until the other party dives in close to see what it says.

I still wear my other necklaces occasionally but this is typically my go-to piece.

WISH LIST ITEM #1
I would love to have a ring for my right hand middle finger. There are two different styles that I have been interested in. I have seen handstamped rings that stack on top of each other- would probably have it say either You Make It Real or once again the girls names or maybe even just each of our initials (B, A, H, H). I also think that it would be nice to get some type of band that has a sapphire since that is the girls birthstone. I have seen some thick bands that have sapphires and diamonds but I haven’t done much research yet.

WISH LIST ITEM #2
There is a bracelet on the Vintage Pearl website that matches my necklace. I need to own that someday. It will say You Make It Real.

WISH LIST ITEM #3
I have a bracelet with Hannah’s name strung with beads. It’s a little big for my wrist but that isn’t why I don’t wear it much anymore. Since Hailey was born I haven’t sent it in yet to have her name added. Until then it’s just not right to wear it.

2 comments:

Kari said...

I love it. Thanks so much for taking this class with me! I hope we take more together in the future!

Patience said...

I hope Brian has printed this page out as there are many gift ideas on it! I think I'm going to like these "topic-lead" entries....