Template

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Day 6 | You (or really, me)

Age: 36


Favorite part of my day: Watching Brian and the girls play together. Walking in the door and being showered with hugs and kisses and greeted with a Mommy!. Rubbing noses with my girls and kissing the spot on the side of their face near their eyes.

Loving: Being a mommy. When we spend family time together. Washi Tape and the new lines out in the stores right now. My summer schedule FULL of concerts: James Morrison, American Idol, Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers, Big Time Rush, Jason Mraz, and Justin Bieber. (can you tell I have a 4 yr old that loves music)

Longing for: A sense of self again. Once you become a mom your whole life is suspended. I feel as though I have lost myself sometimes. I hope to get that back but I am not in the biggest hurry as I LOVE these times in our lives right now. Lets be serious- I would take skinner thighs too!

Inspired by: My daughters and my husband. Music. Scrapbooking. Quotes. Pinterest. Seeing what I and others are capable of.

Dreaming of: A new house. I would miss our current home like crazy but ready for more space. Taking a family vacation.

Needing: To get out and run more. To start that diet Ive been thinking about. To accept myself the way I am and being happy and proud of that. To find more time to dedicate to my scrapbooking.

Navigating: A balance between being a good mother, wife, daughter, sister, and friend.

Struggling with: Feeling like there is enough time in the day/week/year to do everything I want to do or even just the things that I need to do. Getting anything done because I cant stop staring at my kids. Feeling like I am anything other than a mother.

Knowing: I am where I am suppose to be.

1 comment:

Patience said...

LOVE the article - I think it highlights the struggles a lot of women feel. I just want to mention that if you need a family vacation, we have a guest bedroom....