Template

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Popcorn Party Take 2

I have to go out of town to Iowa for work on Thursday and Friday this week.
Kari, Andy, and family are leaving on Saturday so Grandma decided it would be a good idea to have a popcorn party to celebrate and send them off.  At this point I wasn't sure what time I would be getting home on Friday and didn't know if I would end up getting to see them again before they leave.

I got off work around 4:30.  On the way home, Brian and I decided probably best to just get McDonalds so that we can eat and then I can pack up the girls and head out to my grandma's.
I got a text on my way home telling me that Hannah requested chicken nuggets with Blue Cheese and Honey Mustard for dipping.
It blows my mind what that little girl will eat.  I am SO thankful that she is not picky and is willing to at least try everything once.  (that's more than I can say for myself most days)

We got to grandma's just in time for the party!


Later as we were sitting around talking I was watching the boys play together.  It was obvious right away the difference between boys and girls.  Boys like to wrestle.
Kari and Andy kept telling the boys to relax, sit still, and calm down.  They would seperate for a few seconds and then all of a sudden they would be tangled together like a pretzel.

It happened so slow but yet so fast at the same time that you didn't even see them move until you were realizing that they were back at it.




 
Joan, Jeff and their daughter Maddie came over to see everyone.  Look at those curls on that girl!
Talk about adorable!!!
I wish I would have captured a picture of Hailey talking with Jeff.  For anyone that knows Hailey at this age they will know that she needs to warm up to you before she decides to interact with you.   Well, that was not the case with Joan's husband Jeff.  She took to him right away and spent most of the night playing him song after song telling him who's favorite song it is.  We are guessing that Hailey realized he came with that cute little girl- if she trusts him he's gotta be ok.

Sure hope we get another chance to say goodbye before they need to go :-(

No comments: