Template

Saturday, January 14, 2012

No you...

Another little story of Like Mother, Like Daughter  (I think...)


The weekends are the time to run errands.
Usually if Hannah has been in a decent mood than we wait until Hailey is sleeping and then we're off.  Usually it's Target, sometimes Cub or other errands.
This past weekend we went to Target.  It had been a while since we had been grocery shopping and with the holidays- let's just say that there was a lot we needed to replenish around the house.
The cart was full.
When we got to the register Hannah helped me unload the cart.  Once the bags were packed Hannah helped to lift them back into the cart.  She helped me push the cart to the car and once at the car I had an extra set of hands helping to load the car.
When we got in the car and started driving off Hannah thanked me for helping her so much at the store and tried to pay me a 'gold coin' (nickel).
Mom:  "Hannah, thank you but really honey I should be paying you for helping me.  You were such a good helper today."
Hannah: "No mom, you helped me so much so I should pay you."
Mom: "No Hannah, I should pay you since you were such a big helper."
this went on and on...

After a few minutes it hit me....I was arguing with myself.

1 comment:

Patience said...

Dude - take the money and add it to your retirement fund! There is never a time to pass up free money!