Template

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One step closer

I don't know how to feel about these things.
Hannah has decided that she wants to take showers now.  Afterall, she is a big-kid grown up and that's what big-kid grown ups do.
So, here I sit.  Waiting for her to call for shampoo and soap.  Peeking in every so often to make sure that she is in the water washing and rinsing like she was taught.


Sure, it makes things easier on me but it is also one step closer to a little girl who doesn't need her mommy anymore.  

I do understand how ridiculous that sounds.  They will always need me and it is one step closer to freeing up time on my schedule that allows me to make room for the next phases of our lives.  But for now, I am taking this moment for my own little pity party. 

1 comment:

Patience said...

You know, you could look at this as preparing for the next stage. OR you could look at it as a time for another baby!!! It's just a thought!