Template

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Highs and Lows

Highs
  • Hannah is successfully potty trained.  She decided that she was ready and pretty much did it all by herself.  She is wearing underwear everyday and has mastered #2 on the toilet. I am so proud of her and her little underwear butt looks SO cute in her pants :-)
  • Brian received a promotion and is being recognized for a job well done.  I love that he seems to be excited about going to work again and even though he is working harder, I think he enjoys the challenge. 
  • Granddaughter of the Month club had it's first event and it was a success!  It was pretty low-key, we just went to Granny's and hung out there and visited.
  • The holidays are over!  I love the holiday season but I felt very overwhelmed this year.  I am pretty sure it had something to do with the fact that I have two little ones at home now.  I hate being away from them in the evening and there is only so much I can get done when I bring them with me shopping, etc.  It is nice to get some 'family time' back and get back to normal...sort of :-)
  • Rang in the New Year with great friends!  We spent New Year's Eve at Tammy and Josh's house.  The Busta's came with us.  It was so much fun to hang out as families :-)
  • Started Hailey on rice cereal.  I love feeding babies :-)  It is so fun to watch them learn to eat and how they handle the new texture.
  • Big Love is back on HBO!  I love that show.

Lows
  • I am still not ready to talk about that Vikings game....it's too soon.  I don't feel that Brett Favre let me down, without him we wouldn't even have been playing that game but....he was suppose to get me to Miami :-(     Yep....too soon
  • Snow, salt, dirt, boots, winter coats, diaper bags, purse....I can not wait for the weather to change again.  It's not so much the temperature that is bothering me this year but the fact that everything is so dirty.  Carrying two kids to the car, getting them all buckled in, waiting for the car to warm up, etc.  It is exhausting.  I have seen some pictures of my sister in Ecuador recently and it makes me SO jealous that she is not dealing with this right now.
  • 2 friends from my past have been in the hospital.  Mary Ann, a friend of mine from the Maplewood Clinic, the smiley receptionist, had some complications with an elective surgery she chose to have.  She had the surgery before Christmas and has been in the hospital ever since.  It makes me so sad that her life has been touch and go for something that wasn't required for her to do.  I think of her everyday and my heart goes out to her and her family.  Another friend, Brian, from high school was in a horrible snowmobiling accident this past weekend.  He is in the hospital recovering and from the sound of it things are not looking good.  Sounds like some ribs, his sternum, and has fluid and bleeding in his deflated lung.  Take that back....he is alive...how much better could it get if you really think about it.  It just sort of hit me tonight life is short and at any moment someone you care about could be taken from you in an instant.  In this case, both of my friends are alive and they WILL make it through.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Lows, first one:

Ok, so we might NOT have been to that game without Brett--but then again, that's not for certain either. Daunte took us there in past years :) However, I'd rather us have not even made it that close in the first place only to be dissapointed by the good ol men in purple once again. I don't want to kick you when you're down so to speak, but....I told you so..??? :D

Kari said...

ummm, i sat next to the computer the whole game trying to listen to the score on KFAN and refreshing the startribune web site every 3 seconds just to have them lose in the end? that was wrong. so wrong.