Template

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Insights didn't tell you



For the past few days I had just taken word for word from the Discovery Insights profile that was given to me about myself.  For the most part I agree with what was listed on those pages.  However, Discovery Insights couldn't possibly tell you everything about me.  Here are some things that I think you should know.

I don't like being told what to do.  Sure, I can follow directions and I will do 'what is right or expected' but I do not at all like when someone thinks that I have done something because they told me to do it.  I am defiant that way.  Because of this, I have a hard time with bossy people.  In a way when someone tells me what to do I feel like they must think that I couldn't have thought of that on my own or that they think that I wouldn't have known what to do.  Another thing related to this, I will ask for help if I need it.  If I don't ask for help, it is because 'most of the time' I don't need it.  Not sure but deep down I must feel like I am being challenged or treated as though my intellegence is being questioned or something and that might be why it bothers me so much.  I also can not stand being lectured.  As my Insights profile discovered, I am an 'out of the box' creative thinker and I do realize that sometimes I come up with ideas that have consequences or outcomes that scare people.  Sometimes I hold back some of my ideas because I don't want to hear the 'lecture' about why my idea isn't a good one.  I can handle being told no....just tell me no.  I am adult and I don't need a lecture.  I like to be treated like an educated adult, not a child.

I am a very generous person and I get real happy when I can do nice things for other people.  Whether it be helping someone who needs it or just plain putting a smile on someone's face by surprising them with something, I LOVE to make other people happy.  I wish I had the means to be able to provide for everyone around me.  I dream of the day that I would be able to be eating a resturant and have the money to tell my waitress that I wish to pick up the bill for everyone in the place. 
I have seen the 'pay it forward' in action and it is such a neat thing that people do. (this is where, for example, you would pay for the car behind you in the drive through or leave $10 to pay for the next customers at the coffee shop, etc)  This kind of thing is right up my alley although, I have never done this myself yet.  I am not sure why.  I need to do this and this year, I will.

I am a very emotional person.  Since I have had children, I seem to cry at everything.  Most of the time it is because I love my children so much that I have no other way to express it but to cry.  It must let some of the pressure out or something :-)    
I love laughing.  There is nothing better than laughing so hard you feel like you could wet your pants. Laughing so hard that you actually start crying. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time....I miss that feeling. 

I hate hypocrites.  I think that sentence pretty much sums it up. 

I love music.  Music is important to me.  It directly affects my mood everyday.  There are songs I play to motivate me, inspire me, make me cry, make me smile, give me warm feelings inside, etc.  I like music of all kinds.  My CD collection contains over 1,000 CDs ranging from Disney soundtracks to Ozzy Osbourne.  I love listening to a song and actually feeling the artists voice. I also love going to concerts.  Last I counted I have gone to over 100 concerts.  Some of my favorites would include Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5, Randy Travis, and Metallica. 

I have CRAZY pet peeves.  For instance, I can't stand listening to people eat.  Crunching, chewing, lip smacking, rustling of bags and wrappers, food clanking around in someone's mouth....  Now, the funny thing here...if I am eating with you, no issues.  Crunch and lip smack all you want, it doesn't bother me.  It only bothers me when I am not eating.  Especially when I am trying to concentrate on something.

I talk to much.  Because of this, I am not a fan of silence.  It makes me uncomfortable when I am in a group and nobody is talking.  I usually always speak up when in meetings or situations in where the 'instructor or leader' has asked for feedback.  I typicallly give it 4-5seconds and if someone hasn't started talking you can bet that I will have something to say.

I am a daughter, a granddaughter, a sister, a friend, a wife, a coworker, and a mother....well mommy, really. 

2 comments:

Jennie said...

3rd paragraph from the bottoom: I can attest for that...learned the hard way, but I got my revenge :)

Kari said...

fun to read. quite the low down on who is amy parmleyy! :)