Template

Saturday, January 16, 2010

one thousand seventy three



That is the number of pictures I have taken of Hailey so far.  I love taking pictures and many times when I get the camera out I don't take just one.  With digital, it is way too easy to take lots of pictures.  People always say that you will take fewer pictures of your kids after the first one is born...happy to say that that does not appear to be the case in my situation.  I wonder if 10 years from now that statement will even be true anymore. 
I was a second child and I can tell you from experience that there are 3 x's as many pictures of my sister than there are of me.  We joke around and laugh about it and honestly, it doesn't really bother me (too much) that you can look through photo albums from when I was little and there are very few from when I was a baby/newborn and then once pictures were taken, Kari was in 90% of the pictures with me.  I even feel like if you were to look through photo albums there were huge chunks of time that passed by when it seemed like there was not even one picture taken.  Don't get me wrong, I get it.  I see how that can happen with how busy a second child makes you.  I just want to be sure that as Hailey grows up she knows how she looked everyday of her life!  Just kidding....but seriously, I do want her to know that I saw her.  I didn't just see her as the little sister.  I hope as the girls get older I continue to have these feelings and as sweet as it is to get pictures of them together, it is also important to be sure that I capture pictures of them alone too.  Say cheese!

2 comments:

Kari said...

Holy crap!
Good job, Mommy. I have almost 6000 pictures total over the last 6 years, and Andres thinks that is waaaaayyyyyy too much :)

chris miller said...

The coolest thing is that with digital you can see them right away and store them easily to use later, etc. Sorry, Amy, I know you are hurt about the lack of single pictures of you. I truly think it would have been different if we had had digital in those days. Nevertheless, please know you were not loved less because of this, nor were you considered only the youngest sister. You were the apple of everyone's eye!