Template

Friday, January 29, 2010

How did I get so lucky?


I often sit and think about how different my life would be if I hadn't been in the right place at the right time 13 years ago.  That is when I met Brian and even though we haven't spent all of those 13 years together, we have known each other and in one way or another been a part of each other's lives for all of those years.
We were both at a party at my sorority house, in college (obviously).  Vicki and I went downstairs to get a drink and in the laundry room there were two guys hanging out.  We started talking to them and what started as an innocent conversation turned into an invite to a Halloween party and a cell phone number.  I think if I looked really hard I would be able to find that orange piece of paper that Brian gave me with his cell phone number written on it.  Yeah, you heard it right, a CELL PHONE...13 years ago...before every 6 year old had a cell phone, Brian was pretty cool :-)
Someday I can tell the whole story of how Brian and I stayed connected and eventually ended up together but today I just want to reflect on how lucky I am to have him in my life.
Tammy posted once about how she is right where she is suppose to be...she would have never thought that she would be where she is, etc but when she looks back at her life she realizes she is right where she is suppose to be.  I feel that way too. 
I am so lucky to have met him and I am so lucky that throughout the years, throughout other relationships we both had had, etc, our paths stayed connected and in the end, we are together.
I have never felt so safe and secure.  I have never felt so respected and cared for. 
I am so lucky (and grateful) that when Brian and I decided to start a family we were both in 100%, whatever it took we were going to have a family together.  It wasn't so easy getting pregnant and after a 3 year struggle we finally did it!  We were pregnant and this time we were staying pregnant!  I am so lucky that I had a husband who was willing to do whatever it took to create a family with me. 
Shortly after I moved in with Brian I learned how lucky I was to have myself such a handy-man.  All of a sudden the house around me started looking very different...new floors, new cabinets, new furniture...I thought about it and BOOM!  it was built.  Not just built but beautiful work as well.
I am lucky that I have a partner in life who allows me to get away.  Even though many times I don't feel like I want to or need to get away (I always have a good time when I do), I have a partner who lets me do that GUILT free. 
I can't help but think to myself, if I wouldn't have been in that right place and that right time, I wouldn't be in the right life now.  I wouldn't have Hannah or Hailey.  Sure, any child I would have had at any other time would be just a special to me but seriously....what would I do if I would have never met these girls!
They are amazing and I can't help but think that if every step of every day for my whole life wouldn't have happened EXACTLY as it did, I may not know them.  I would have never met the greatest accomplishments of my life!

1 comment:

Tammy said...

Isn't it awesome! I love it...and those pics fit your blog topic perfectly. Love it! :)