Template

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

You can what?!

I looked down and my slipper was untied.  
Hailey" "I'll tie it mommy!"
Me: "Oh that would be nice but you can't tie shoes"
Hailey: "Yes I can, watch!"
Me: " Ok, you can try"
Hailey bent down and tied my slipper.
SHE TIED IT!
Me:  "What in the world?!  When did you learn how to tie and why didn't you tell me that you could do this?!  What a good job, buddy!  I can't believe it!  Why didn't you tell me?!"
Hailey "Well, I told Morgan and Mason"

Then she shrugged her shoulders like 'no big deal' and walked away.


She is getting so big!  I can't believe I missed this!  It makes me feel like a bad mom that I didn't even know that she was working on it.  I had no idea that it was even something she was attempting.  How did I miss this?!    She finally confessed that she has been practicing this at Jackie's with the 'shoe practice'.
We spent the next 15 minutes tying everything we could find.
She did a great job!
My baby is getting so big...

1 comment:

Patience said...

She IS getting so big...maybe you should have another one. Just saying. Anyway, love that picture of her!