Template

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

No school again

School is closed again today.
Brian left for Chicago this morning and I was not interested in driving out to Jackie's today so Hailey stayed home with Hannah and I.  I was sort of looking forward to it so that Hannah would have someone to play with.  I have a ton of meetings today so I am hoping that they can find stuff to do and let me work a little.

The morning started out great.  The girls layed in our bed and watched TV, they colored and played school.


After lunch Hailey wanted some alone time and didn't want to play with Hannah anymore.  I was on a conference call and  trying to work when Hannah came over bugging me to play with her.  I had to get pretty stern with her and eventually had to walk her to her room so I could finish my call.

After the call I went upstairs to get her and found this on the stairs.
Usually this stuff makes me a little sad.  I hate when they feel sad or feel like people hate them or don't like them.  Especially when it's because of something I did (like telling her to go away).  This actually made me smile a little bit- I love finding little notes that she has written all by herself.  I was able to go and 'make up' with her and within a few minutes her and Hailey were back to being best buds.


Later tonight she made me this sign with bubble letters.


Brian made it safely back home from Chicago.
He is working on a project that involves the John Hancock building.  
There is a new attraction coming to the observation deck and he just might be involved ;-)




Stay tuned....


1 comment:

Patience said...

Brian's project looks cool. I can't imagine working from home all of the time while kids are in the house. They would never leave me alone unless they thought I wasn't here....