Template

Friday, January 24, 2014

I don't wanna say goodbye

The email notification arrived a few weeks ago.  Archivers stores are closing.  All of them, for good.
 I guess I have to say that I am not really surprised.  
With all of the digital scrapbooking, photo books and apps like Instagram there just isn't a huge market for scrapbooking anymore.  Today I got out of work a little early and although I don't need a thing, I had to stop by to pay my last respects and see what this store closing sale was all about.  Surprisingly there was still quite a bit of stuff left.  I got a few things but also had a hard time justifying it since I don't need anything and lord knows I have enough stuff to keep me busy for years to come.
Although it seems ridiculous, it felt good to say goodbye.
(I am still not ok with it though)


Brian stopped by the house tonight and snapped this picture.  I can not wait to sit out on this porch next summer.  Now we just need that siding!!



1 comment:

Patience said...

It makes me sad to see the things that become obsolete with technology. Beautiful things too. Now, you'll be forced to one small aisle of Target or some such place for your scrapbooking needs... Sigh. It is sad.