Template

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Where are we?


 So, the trip started with no heat in our bus. Today when we arrived at the Epic campus we approached the screens to find out which classroom we were in.  There was a group of people there and one at a time as they found their name and classroom, they backed up and went on their way.  I watched the screen change through the list a few times and didn't see my name.  I figured that I must have overlooked or missed it.  Then I saw the 'Amy' section (it's alphabetical by first name)- I was not listed.  Then I turn to my right and see that Loriann, Lori, and Molly are still standing there and look just as confused as I am.  None of us were listed.  We made our way to the front desk and joined the line of others that apparently were missed to be displayed on the board.  
When it was our turn, we gave her our names and instead of saying "Oh here you are, room x." she said "Hmmmm, we don't have you listed."  We had all received training confirmations- weird.
Lucky for us they had room in one of the classrooms so she quickly got us registered and we were on on our way.  
Our classroom for the week was the 'Dr. Know' room- this whole section of the hallway was James Bond movie style so I am guessing this was a Bond movie.


Our class was suppose to go until 5:00 pm today.
Around 3:00 we were given an exercise to do.  As usual the exercise would only take a few minutes but we would be given 15 minutes to work on it.
Around 3:15 the class started again and our instructor said "You all have been working pretty hard, let's take a break (ugh...again?!) and then class will resume at 8:30 tomorrow morning (YIPPEE)."
Then he informed us that he is willing to take people on a tour of the campus at 3:30.
This was something that we wanted to do so we knew for sure that we were interested!

This campus is huge!  It looks just like a college campus and all of this time here we have only been in one building- Voyager Hall.

Took this picture from the internet.


Voyager Hall- this picture (with the snow) I took from one of the other buildings.


All of the buildings are connected by either underground tunnel or skyway.
Here is an example of one of the tunnels.




In one of the buildings we turned the corner and saw this slide. 
Yes- people actually use it.


We were also given the explanation behind all of the artwork and decorations.
Apparently the CEO of Epic gets all of the artwork from the Madison Art Festival.
She will send an email at midnight the night before she goes and the first so many people to respond to her get to join her. 



1 comment:

Kari said...

Oh I loved this! Cool glimpse at a place I didn't know even existed! I LOVE the idea of the slides - genius!