Template

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Almost missed it

Remember this past summer when Loriann, Molly and I drove to Springfield, IL to see Andy Grammer in concert?  Well, surprise to us, a few weeks ago he announced a concert in Minneapolis!
Loriann was going to be out of town so she was not able to join us but Molly and I were super anxious to see him again.  Lori and Karri also joined us.
I was suppose to meet Jennie and the rest of her bridesmaids at the Wedding Shoppe today to pick out dresses and get measured.  I put the girls down for a nap, set my alarm and sat down to read for a while.  Within a few minutes of sitting down I started to feel ill.
For the next 90 minutes I laid down off and on trying to figure out why I was feeling so bad.  The time came when I realized that I wasn't going to make it to try on dresses and I was getting close to having to call off my concert.  I had that feeling that if I just threw up I would feel better...it took the edge off but I was still not ok.
I decided to at the very least meet Molly and Lori at work to hand off the tickets- after that I would see how I felt and if I was still ill, Karri and I could pick the girls back up from Jennie's and head home.  After we made the ticket drop off we decided to get something to eat.  
I was starting to feel a little better and decided that we should give it a try.  Worse case, we get there, I am still sick and we turn around and go home.  We made it right as Parachute was performing.  They were really good.  I hear them a lot on Pandora and recognized at least 4-5 of their songs.
Then it was time!!!!!




He was awesome!
He sounded great.  His song order was great. His new music was great.  The covers he performed were great.  The company was great. The venue was great.  I wasn't feeling so great but I made it!

1 comment:

Kari said...

Fun.

I finally got around to reading that blog link you sent (I couldn't open it on my iPod for some reason). VERY funny!

I totally laughed until I cried when I read the Elf post. The toilet, the meltdown at dchool, the COMA! Hilarious!