Template

Friday, March 29, 2013

Stay home day

Today is a 'stay home day'- Jackie's is closed for Easter.
We had a few errands to run, a few birthday presents to pick up and a little 5 year old that was very anxious to pick out a dress to wear for Easter.

Going out to run errands?!  Of course that calls for a pretty dress.


Hannah was very excited that it was warm enough today to pull out her pink boots again.


We started at Kohls to look for Hannah's dress. 
She narrowed her choices down to 3 and insisted that we go into the fitting room so that she could try them on to help her make her final decision.
As she tried each of them on she let out a little squeal as she saw herself in the mirror- "Mom, look at this one.  I love it, do you?"
After she tried them all on she knew it was time to make a decision.  She stood in front of the mirror and one at a time held the dress up in front of her face moving back and forth checking herself out.
She finally made a decision and we were on our way.
We finished all of our errands and it was time to have lunch.
The girls named off places we could go Wendys, Culvers, Noodles and Co.....

Then I suggested Chuck E Cheese.  (not sure what happened there...)
"YAY!  But wait, can we go there when it's not a birthday party? Can we even get coins there?"
I assured them it would be ok and within a few minutes we had arrived.


We had a great time there.  We ate pizza and the girls played games and went on the 'rides'.

On our way out the girls were each holding one of my hands.  Hannah squeezed my hand and when I looked down at her she was looking up at me with the biggest smile on her face "Thank you mom for taking us here today."

When we got in the car we talked about how we needed to get home and take naps.
Then I mentioned that tonight after dinner we were going to go to Chloe's for a little bit.
Hannah yelled out "This day just keeps getting better!"

I am glad that the two of you had so much fun today...I did too :-)

1 comment:

Kari said...

What a fun day. I love it when the kids (usually Agustin) say that "This was the best day EVER!" :)