Template

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Me hate Dan

Judy made an appt to take the kids in for some Spring pictures.
When I got the invite and after the plans were made I started to get nervous.  I hoped that her expectations weren't set too high because I wasn't quite sure how Hailey would do.
She actually made it in the picture at Christmas time so I was hoping that this time would be a little easier.  I told the girls Grandma had gotten them new dresses and we were going to go and get our pictures taken and they BOTH were excited and ready.
We talked about it for days.

When we got there and checked in we were greeted by Dan, our photographer.
Oh shoot- I know what this means.... 

Glanced over at Hailey and she was still ok - ok, ok, maybe we can do this afterall.

We picked out our backgrounds and then made our way to the waiting area.  When it was finally our turn we made our way to the studio.  Right outside the door Hailey stopped dead in her tracks, turned around and reached up for me.  I picked her up thinking she just needed a little push and immediately her face was buried and her legs were wrapped around me.  She was NOT getting down.

We got the older four lined up and then they all started reaching and calling for her.
She started swatting at anyone that got near her so we agreed that we would take pics of Courtney, Justin and Adam first while I would buy some time finding a way to talk her into this.

I walked her through the clothes section and we looked at the 'fancy' dresses.  I told her that if she took her pictures good we could come back and get her an Easter dress from here.  She got super excited, jumped out of my arms and started heading to the studio.
She was doing ok until she saw him (Dan) again.
She stood at my feet and jumped up and down trying to get me to pick her up- it was almost as though the ground below her was on fire.  Grandma came to the rescue and they talked about how maybe Hailey could hold gum for all of the kids in the picture and then after the pictures are taken she could pass it out.  Not a chance.
We tried to get her to sit on Hannah's lap.  Not happening.
Tried to get her to hold Courtney and Hannah's hands.  Nope.
Asked if she wanted to sit on something.  Nothin' but dirty looks.

So, we did what we always do- took pictures without her and she stood outside of the room against the wall swinging away at anyone that came near her.


Senior pictures are going to be a blast......

2 comments:

Jennie said...

?! What is her deal?! Beauty should be SHARED Hailey, get over this!!

Kari said...

Ohhhh poor Hailey :( I want to cry and I want to cry thinking how someday in the future you will be blamed for having no professional pictures of her, the "second child" (lol, payback is a bitch... JUST KIDDING!!!!;-) )