Template

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Another good day for a Birthday party

The girls were invited to Maddie's 'friend' party today at Minnesota Aerials.
This is where Maddie has gymnastics and also had her party here last year.

The only adults 'allowed' in the gym area were Stacey and Shane and to be honest, it made me a little nervous.  I was not sure how Hailey would do.
The kids lined up to get the party started and as soon as the bouncy house blew up Hailey was off!
She joined the other kids and ran around bouncing and climbing on anything she could.
Tyler and Carter are pretty fond of her so right away they started paying attention to her and making sure that she had what she needed.


The party was a little more organized then the party last year.  They had activities planned and  had the kids run through obstacle courses and challenge each other to a relay race.
At one point they lined the kids up to bounce down the long trampoline where they would land in the foam pit at the end.  When it came to Hailey's turn she looked at the guy, turned around and left the line.  She started making her way to me and then just stopped and started rubbing her eyes.
I couldn't tell if she was mad, sad, shy....to tell you the truth it was breaking my heart but I knew that I couldn't go and rescue her.  I needed to give her a chance to figure it out.
Shane made his way over to her.  


As long as he remained within an arms reach she was fine.  
I can totally relate to her fear of strangers.  She's actually doing really well considering how she used to be.  I guess the other day when she proclaimed  "Me not scared of people anymore" she didn't remember just how scary they can be sometimes.

See Hannah airborne in the background there on her way to the pit?!



 


3 comments:

Jennie said...

Aww...poor Hailey!! I'm STILL scared of strangers,lol--so I know how she feels :-(

Kari said...

Strangers suck! haha

jodic said...

that is the saddest photo of her! you can just tell she is not having a good time!