Template

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wipe Your Eyes


 
Lula made the girls a heart chain last night.  What a sweetie!
 
Tonight Hannah had dancing.  It is her last class before their recital.
As we were leaving the house Brian had asked her to shut the door.
I was walking Hailey down the slippery steps, Hannah yelled goodbye to dad and then started screaming.  She had slammed her finger in the door.
She cried most of the way to dance and for a minute I was nervous that we weren't going to make it there tonight.
Her finger wasn't bleeding but it was really red.
Poor thing :-(
I tried to distract her by asking her to pick a song to be played.
She choose 'Wipe Your Eyes' by Maroon 5 (good choice girl!)
She also wanted to see some pictures of Adam (Levine) so I pulled some up and her and Hailey flipped through them as I drove.
By the time we had gotten to dance she had stopped crying.  Adam will have that affect on you :-)
Me:  "Buddy, how's your finger?"
Hannah:  "Ok"
Me:  "I am sorry that you hurt your finger bud."
Hannah:  "Don't be sorry mom.  It wasn't your fault.  It was my fault."
 
The way she said that comment to me was so sweet.  Her voice was so sincere that she didn't want me feeling bad about what happened to her. 
 
On the way home we took the long way and drove through a few neighborhoods to enjoy the festive Christmas lights.  I loved listening to the girls in the backseat pointing out to each other the different lights they saw and which house they thought was the prettiest. 
 
Reminder to self- get these girls out for a Christmas light tour before the season is over!
 

2 comments:

Patience said...

Oh that is so cute! Violet will say something similar too - "oh, sorry mom, it was my fault!" Even on things that are no one's fault. It's tears at my heart. They're just too cute, these kids!

Jennie said...

Oh Hannah is the sweetest! Poor thing is right, those doors can be nasty on tiny little fingers!

Glad she made it to dance, it sure paid off! ;-)