Template

Monday, December 10, 2012

How Fitting

How fitting was it that the girls have dentist appointments today and we woke to find Lula helping herself to a Christmas Cookie for breakfast!

 
This was Hannah's 2nd trip to the dentist and Hailey's first.
I knew that Hannah would be fine and expected Hailey to be nervous.
 
Hannah went first.  She did great.  She was a little nervous at first.
She asked me to hold her hand so of course I did.
About half way through she warmed up and I had gotten a text from Kristin about a Christmas present.  I unheld Hannah's hand and responded to the message.  Then I decided to snap a picture of her being such a great patient.


 
When I was getting ready to put my phone down I went to grab her hand again and saw that my place had been taken.

 
Made my heart melt to see that!
 
Next it was Hailey's turn.
She wasn't interested in sitting in the chair by herself so I sat in the chair and she sat on my lap.
Reason #1 why I don't have a picture of her getting her teeth cleaned
 
It was then time to have her feel the toothbrush to see how soft it was.  She wasn't having any part of that.  The lady showed her the tool and asked if she wanted to touch it.  Her response was to turn her head and ignore the fact that there was someone talking to her.
Reason #2 why I don't have a picture of her getting her teeth cleaned
 
We gave up on that and decided to just go ahead and get started.  The hygienist was able to get the toothbrush tool in her mouth and clean 1 tooth before she started crying for daddy (who wasn't there).
Reason #3 why I don't have a picture of her getting her teeth cleaned
 
We decided to stop and figured that the point of a 3 year old going to the dentist is just to get them used to it so we called today a success!
 
20 teeth each
Hannah has a few starting to get loose on the bottom- could be weeks to months to a year
No cavities for anyone!
Well....at least for Hannah and Hailey- we didn't bring Lula

3 comments:

Patience said...

Good job on going to the dentist! I need to make Violet an appointment. I believe it'll be just like Hailey's visit.

Jennie said...

Oh, now I get to say that HAILEY is the sweetest...holding her sister's hand at the dentist *love*

But on the other hand, what a stubborn little one (p.s. kinda love that about her, shhh) ;-)

jodic said...

too funny about the dentist. the boys were really good when they went for the first time - i did not even have to go back with them. but i KNEW when it was Kendall's turn last year to go when she was three that it would be totally a different tune! She screamed the WHOLE time - guess that was ok since they were able to semi clean her mouth since it was open so wide! now she is a pro! :) good luck next time with Hailey!