Template

Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas and LOTS of Hugs!

 
SANTA CAME!
 
The girls didn't notice until close to 9:00 when they finally got out of bed though.
Lula left the girls a little memory and even wrote a little note on each picture that says "I will miss you"
 
The family started to arrive around 9:15 and there was a steady stream of new attendees until 10:30 when everyone was here.

 
Would you believe this is the ONLY picture I took on Christmas?!  I am serious.
It's so hard to try to enjoy this day with them and then snapping pictures every few minutes.  It also gets to be too much sometimes with my mom and each of my sisters with their cameras- not that I mind but it gets to be too much sometimes so I typically choose to stay out of the way during those moments.
 
We didn't start opening presents until close to 11:00 am. 
We started with the girls and had them open all of theirs first.  It worked well because then they could go and play with their new things while the adults enjoyed watching each other open their gifts- hopefully this will be the last year of these adult gifts :-)

 
Hannah and Hailey had gotten each other gifts that they picked out.
In the picture above Hannah had just opened her scarf from Hailey.
Hailey got so excited watching her open it "Me went to Target and bought it for you!"
Hannah's response "I love it! Thank you!"
 
How sweet....makes a momma cry
Although I wonder these days what doesn't :-)
 

We were all showered with hugs.  I love how sincere these girls are and how they show real excitement when they get something that they love.  They also get very excited to give presents to other people and I love to watch their emotions as they watch others reactions.
These hugs are the best!
 
So, I mentioned that I made a ton of homemade gifts this year.
I didn't get pictures of everything but here is a sampling of some of the things I made.
 



 
This is a headband holder for Kristin.

 
This was my dad's Bday present.  He needed Best Buy gift cards and cash so he can get a radio for his car.  Each of these balloons either contains a $1 or a $5.

 
Gift card Snoglobes- these were way cool in person!
 
Some of the gifts we received:
Me:  A new Wi-Fi enabled camera (love it!), a new chain for my necklace, pillows for the couch that I have had my eye on since this summer, scrapbook punch, gift cards.
Brian:  TIVO 4XL, lots of gift cards, tools, a framed peice of history- turf and peice of roof from Metrodome (which will be torn down soon)
Hannah:  Furby, Scrapbook kit, Jewelry Box, Barbie tablet, iPad casegumball machine
Hailey:  Furby, skirt and hair things, Barbie laptop, iPad case, new stroller and swing for her babies
 
Brian made homemade meatballs and sauce for lunch- delish!
We had pumpkin cake and peppermint better-than-Christmas cake for dessert.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Those nieces of mine are the sweetest--I especially loved all of the hugs and when Hailey was opening the skirt I got her. I wasn't sure what she thought of it until she stripped down, tossed the tutu aside and had you help her put it on (even if it's a little snug :-/ )hahahaha

Patience said...

I love that you didn't take pictures the whole day! It really doesn't allow you to share in all of the excitement. I hardly got any pictures either. Looks like it was a fabulous day!