Template

Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Band-aids and Boyfriends


Lula was a little tricky to find this morning.
So tricky in fact that the girls didn't even find her. 
 Daddy came across her - thankfully he needed a Q-Tip.
There was a trail of Band-aid wrappers on the floor that Hannah saw and after Lula was discovered Hannah confessed that she thought that Hailey had gotten into the bandages and left that mess.
 
On another note, I had this conversation with Hannah last night:
Hannah: "Mom, can you help me get a boyfriend?"
Me: "WHAT?!  Why?! What?! Ummm, yes, when you are 85. No, more like 25.  Why do you want a boyfriend?"
Hannah: "Cause, I want someone to hang out with and have fun with."
Me:  "Isn't that what you have a sister for? And friends?"
Hannah: "Mom.  Can you please just help me?"
Me:  "Sure, someday when you are older but for now, you shouldn't be worrying about having a boyfriend."
Hannah:  "But I don't know how to get one."
Me:  "That's ok bud.  You don't need one yet.  You will have no trouble when you get older."
Hannah:  "Well, how did you get yours?"
Me: "My what?"
Hannah: "Daddy. Your boyfriend."
 
I think someone has been watching too much Hannah Montana....

3 comments:

Patience said...

In my opinion, there are two ways to take this post: 1. the ridiculous nature of kid's shows and what they're teaching our children (frightening!) or 2. that you and Brian have such a great marriage, that Hannah is looking forward to having that in her life too. And this is the option I choose to go with. Though I am with you - she can wait a bit for it!

Patience said...

I think Hailey and Violet are kindred spirits! We have a deal with Violet - we'll leave the door open if she stays in bed. Thankfully, that has successfully kept her in bed, otherwise, it's hard to say what we would find in the morning!

Patience said...

Whoops - not sure how that comment ended up on this post....