Template

Saturday, December 01, 2012

Happy December!


Lula was found hanging out in the kitchen this morning.  She must have been keepin' an eye on the girls plants.  They sprouted :-)  The girls sure got a kick out of it.


It's the first Saturday of December which can only mean one thing.....Annual Miller Girls Christmas Party at my aunt Vicki's house!  Tonights party marks the 20th Anniversary- hard to believe it's been that many years already.

Our task was to make an ornament- very fitting considering that that is what they made the first year Vicki had the party.  As always we found out what we needed to make around Thanksgiving which gave us a couple of weeks.  I started thinking about it right away but as usual didn't start actually working on it until this afternoon.  My first idea was to find a way to celebrate the 20 years.  I thought I could find a way to include all of the items from the past years- either write them on slips of paper curled inside or find miniature items that I could put inside of a glass ball.  Trouble was- I could only remember 13 of the 20 items.
I called dad to see if he remembered or could find a way to get the list from Don somehow but time ran out and here I sat today with still only 13 of the 20 items.

So, thanks to Google I ended up with a few really good ideas.

 

Here was my final product.  The Grinch.  He turned out really cute and I especially liked that he reminded me of my sisters :-)

While we were at the part I started to receive texts from Hannah.  Brian set her up with texting tonight and it was like he had created a monster!  As soon as Jennie, Kim and Kristin heard this they wanted to get in on the action so they also sent her messages.  I could just picture Brian sitting at home with this little girl who has just learned how to start communicating with the outside world.  I am actually sort of excited because you can already see her starting to spell better and recognize words while she types (the same) messages over and over.  Mostly it's names that she knows how to spell but I bet over the next few weeks we might get surprised a time or two.




The girls and I sent this picture to Hannah. Little did we know she would end up using is as her screen saver on her 'iPhone' (my old 3G one that doesn't really have phone service)


Here is Jennie's adorable reindeer! (FB)


Kristin's candy tree


Kimmy's ornament- one of the only ones I got right.  I knew right when I saw it that Kimmy made it.  

Another successful year in the books.

2 comments:

Kari said...

Sounds like a fun time. All of your ornaments turned out so cute. I love the grinch - he was awesome. :)

I can't believe Hannah is spelling and writing already. She's getting so grown up!

Patience said...

Hannah texting. This is madness. I remember when she was in your belly! LOVE the ornaments!