Template

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Always take time



 
You will see in a few days why this Lula post was a HIT this morning :-)
 
One piece of advice I would like to offer to all parents- ALWAYS take time away from what you are doing to attend the dance show that was made especially for you.  Soak it all in.

 
We are hosting Christmas.  That means there are tons of things to do.  I took the past few days off of work so that I could get things done but with 17+ homemade gifts being made I needed most of that time to craft and didn't spend much of it cleaning the house and cooking.
So, today was my day- tomorrow is Christmas Eve and I have two cakes to bake so I didn't want to also have to worry about scrubbing floors and cleaning toilets.
It never fails- you get busy doing something you have had your mind on all week and the kids call for you. "Mommy!  Come here!"  Not gonna lie, I ignored it.
Lucky for me they didn't give up.
"Mommy!  Come here!"  when I didn't come again they came out to get me.
Hannah:  "Wanna come to my dance show I made for you?"
Me:  "Sure."
I walked into her room and she had set up a chair for me.  She helped me to sit down and then covered my lap with a blanket.  She then proceeded to the 'stage' and started the music. 
The show lasted for three songs.  As I sat there watching I couldn't help but wipe the tears that were streaming down my face.
We did this.  These little girls are ours.
A few years ago Hannah was crawling and learning to talk and now she is organizing her own dance show and the best part she put this show together for me!  She was in her room planning this out and excited for me to come and see what she has been up to.
Hailey was there too- she didn't want to dance but she sat next to me the whole time telling me "Watch this mom!" and pointing to Hannah's next move.
They were so happy that I was in there and were truly 'into' these dances Hannah was doing.
It was a wonderful little break.
Thanks buddies!

1 comment:

Patience said...

I tell you, those girls are precious! And such good advice - these little munchkins are always up to something and it won't be long before they'll be hiding everything they do from their uncool parents, so you must treasure every moment they want to involve you!