Template

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Spookley



Last year for Halloween Nolan (from daycare) gave Hannah a book about Spookley the square pumpkin. 

Spookley is a square pumpkin in a patch where all other pumpkins are circles.  Of course he is like an outkast and the others are mean and call him names.  One night there is a storm and a hole is made in the fence.  Since most pumpkins are circle they are getting tossed around by the wind and some of them have rolled right out of the hole in the fence down into the river.  Spookley sees this so he turns himself over until he plugs the hole in the fence and saves the day.  The other pumpkins accept him and talk about how being square makes him special, etc, etc, etc, etc.

While watching the Disney channel earlier this week we saw a commercial for an hour long special "Spookley the Square Pumpkin".  Hannah and I were both thrilled so right away we set the DVR.

Few days later Hannah was watching Spookley....

"Mom, why are my eyes dripping?"   as she is wiping tears from her face
Me: "Not sure honey, what happened?"
"I thought Spookley was going to die.  Everyone is so mean to him and it makes me sad."  more real tears
Me: "Oh honey, it's ok."
"I wish I could be in that show so I could hug him all day.  That would make him feel much better."


What a sweatheart!

2 comments:

Jennie said...

"why are my eyes dripping?"

Why are MINE? ;-) SO sweet...

Patience said...

Ah, that is so sweet! What a good helper to have nearby to give you hugs whenever you need!