Template

Monday, October 17, 2011

I should probably cool it


You would think that you could at least take a shower at 5:30 am and be by yourself in the bathroom, right?
Well, not at this house. 

About 1/2 of the mornings, Hannah wakes up and hangs out in the bathroom until I am done with my shower.  Most mornings I can hear her get up and stumble across the floor.  The other mornings I can usually hear her open the door and come into the bathroom as she slams the door closed, etc. 
Every so often she sneaks in and I don't know she is there until I turn the water off and open the curtain.
Today was one of those mornings.
I got out of the shower to find her changing Emerson's diaper.  You can see the 'dirty' diaper all wrapped up next to her left leg and the bottle of hand sanitizer (the bright white round cap).

I always tell Hannah that I don't want her to grow up.  I want her to stay little forever because she is getting too old.  Recently I asked her 'Hannah, what am I going to do when you get bigger?" (I didn't need a response- I was purely making a statement)  Her response was "You'll cry. But you shouldn't cry mom because I will have a baby for you in my tummy when I get bigger.  Do you want a boy or a girl baby?  Anyways I want to get bigger.  I want to get big and do big kid things.  I can even go to the store by myself without you when I am bigger."

I should probably cool it on the "I don't want you to get big' talk. 
I think it is making her sad.  I do want her to get older and I want her to grow up, she is going to have so much fun being a bigger kid but I sure am going to miss them at these ages.

1 comment:

Patience said...

Um yeah, have you noticed that no one has commented on this blog yet? Because it is so cute and disturbing all at once! I love that she's in there while you shower...but her pregnancy plans are a little too well thought out! What a maternal little person she is!