Template

Monday, July 11, 2011

Visitors

We have babies!!



We saw this nest being built at the back of our garage this spring.  I have to be honest, it didn't even occur to me that the bird would be building a nest to then lay eggs that would then hatch.  Another sign that life is way too busy.  So, you could imagine my thrill and excitement when Brian pointed out that we had babies!!

Ever since then I have pretty much been obsessed with these three little guys.
There are two birds that come to feed them throughout the day and many times as I am walking up to the nest to check them out I can see their mommy perched out on the fence, worm in her mouth, waiting for me to finish gawking so she can feed them.
I don't ever remember before this summer ever actually seeing a nest low enough to see that there are babies inside.  So either I had seen this before when I was younger but didn't really care or it just has a different meaning now that I am a mom myself.


There are three of them in there.  Lately if you stand back far enough (usually when I don't have my camera) you can see three necks shooting out.

3 comments:

Jennie said...

great pics! I almost thought these were the cabin nest pictures at first, but two birds nests with baby birds this year. Very cool!!

Kari said...

Good thing they are not pigeons. I left a pigeon nest up in our apartment once and regretted it for years - those things sh*t everywhere, are huge, and come back two or three times a year to nest. Plus, they gross me out, and are LOUD and messy!

I would much rather have those babies... they are so cute with their little beaks peeking out!

Patience said...

I never would have thought I would see the day when Amy became a "birder." In a future post, you'll probably be telling everyone that you have a vacation planned around a rare bird sighting. :)